(If you have an announcement of interest to your fellow microISV, indies or startups, please email me at email@example.com with the word digest in the subject.)
News and Announcements
- Chris Randall, Co-Founder of Devenius, Inc., has released a new version of Service Broker Assistant. This is an add-in to SQL Server Management Studio that removes the need for scripting of T-SQL to perform asynchronous messaging with SQL Server. (via email)
- Jennifer Gazin, LaunchSquad, reached out on behalf of Cliqset – a social identity platform/API that basically has all of the features that a typical social networking platform has, but, in contrast, is completely open to any developer use the social information across their (the developers’) applications and services. (I don’t normally print PR’s, but this looked interesting.) (via email)
- Tom Richards, Planium, is looking for feedback on a new site we’ve launched for our product Business Financial Planner – business and financial planning & analysis software for SMB’s. (via email)
- James Standen, nModal Solutions Inc, has released Datamartist V1.0 – An easy to use, visual tool that makes data transformation simple and powerful. (via BOS)
- The Web Startup Success Guide will start shipping next week from Amazon; you can get Chapter 6, Social Media and your Startup from Apress for free now. You’ll also find a three part excerpt from the book over at Sramada Mitra’s blog – an in-depth interview with Aaron Patzer, CEO of Mint.com (Part1, Part2) and an interview with Rebecca Lynn, a principal at Morgenthaler Ventures, on what VCs want.
Relevant Blog Posts, Videos and Articles
- Joshua Guedalia, Two Tribes, has authored two interesting posts – the first on how they successfully performed A/B testing on download forms and in the second we talk more about the general approach to messaging and site content to promote conversions to trial downloads.
- Some very sage advice: Ten unconventional wisdoms for funding startups.
Further (mostly relevant) Reading
- A really useful site I found last week: Aardvark. This service lets you ask questions of its growing social network and get really good answers quickly. Last week I asked ‘Vark about subscription services for Ruby on Rails online apps and tools to mass unfollow spammers on Twitter and got excellent answers within hours. Highly recommended.